Jenny Lynn's Blog
Little Hermione Granger is all grown up, but not rushing into adulthood. The W Magazine covergirl admits in the mag, "I never wanted to grow up too fast. I wanted to wear a sports bra until I was 22!" I think Ms. Watson can wear whatever she wants, and will still be totally gorgeous! Check out the pics from the magazine!
Be sure to pick up the June/July issue of W Magazine!
I've been OBSESSED with 1920's style ever since I was a little kid. Now that The Great Gatsby is out in theaters, it makes me want to dress like a flapper and go to a speakeasy even more! Here are some 1920's inspired items that will help you look like you party with Gatsby on a daily basis!
Neon Art Deco Dress by Love Culture, $23. 90
Straw Cloche Hat by Topshop, $40
T-Strap Kitten Heel Shoes
Large Glitzy Headbands- Modcloth.com, $34. 99
Beaded Dresses, Topshop, $450
Layered pearl necklaces
Do you like 1920's style?
Two weeks from today I will be graduating college. As relieved and happy as I am that it's almost over, I am dreading these next two weeks because I have so many projects, papers, and exams that need to get done before I can throw all my assignments in the air and yell out "IM DONE!" Luckily, I have never been much of a procrastinator because I get way too stressed out to leave things till the last minute. Here are some helpful tips for those of you nearing the end of the school year and need that extra little push to get things done!
1. Make a list of things you need to get done!- Every week i write on a whiteboard in my room all the things that are due in the near future. It reminds me of what I need to do, and it's an awesome feeling to cross things off your to-do list when you get something done!
2. Break up big tasks- When I first started college I would try to sit down in one sitting and do a whole ten page paper. I'm sure many of you have mastered this task the night before something is due, but this would drive me crazy. After a couple hours of doing an assignment I start to lose focus and go into la la land thinking about random stuff. To avoid this, I break up big taks into little goals for the day. For example I set the goal of finding all my resources one day, and the next day I make the goal of writing 3 pages. Making smaller goals for yourself won't make you feel so overwhelmed!
3. Just get started!- Starting something is often the hardest part. Really push yourself to just sit down and start something that you have been dreading to do. You will find that once you start it's not as bad as you thought and chances are you will get farther than you thought you were going to!
4. Wake up at a reasonable time and start ASAP- Confession: there has been many times that I have slept in till noon on the weekend and then had no motivation at all to do anything. The later I sleep in, the groggier I seem to be the rest of the day and I find myself glued to my couch. To avoid this horrible fate, wake up at a reasonable time, eat a good breakfast, and start ASAP! The earlier you accomplish your goals for the day, the more time you will have later on to do fun things! Which leads me to my final tip...
5. REWARD YOURSELF!- After getting work done, even just my small goals, I treat myself to a Starbucks, or a big bowl of ice cream, or veg out on the couch to watch my favorite TV show (I'm all about New Girl right now). Having something to look forward to will help you get things done!
What are your tips for not procrastinating?
I have become a HUGE fan of blazers. They are a great way to add structure to any outfit and are super versatile. They can be worn with a nice dress, or over jeans and a T-shirt to dress up a layed back outfit. Prints are also big this Spring, so wearing a printed blazer is a trendy way to spice up your outfits! Here are just a few of my favorites!
Forever 21, $32.80
Spot It Blazer $34, Nastygal.com
Do you rock printed blazers?
This has to be one of the best announcements I've ever heard in my whole life. Panic! at the Disco will be joining Fall Out Boy on the Save Rock and Roll Arena Tour! My two favorite bands going on tour together?!?! Someone pinch me if I'm dreaming! You better believe I bought tickets as soon as I heard this wonderful news! Here are the dates...
9/5 - Uncasville, CT @ Mohegan Sun
9/6 - Lowell, MA @ Tsongas Arena
9/7 - Brooklyn, NY @ Barclays Center
9/8 - Philadelphia, PA @ Liacouras Center
9/10 - Fairfax, VA @ Patriot Center
9/11 - Cleveland, OH @ Wolstein Center
9/14 - Auburn Hills, MI @ Palace of Auburn Hills
9/15 - Toronto, ON @ Echo Beach at Molson Canadian Amphitheatre
9/18 - Broomfield, CO @ First Bank Center
9/20 - Anaheim, CA @ Honda Center
9/21 - San Francisco, CA @ America's Cup Pavilion
9/22 - San Diego, CA @ Valley View Casino Center
9/25 - The Woodlands, TX @ Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion
9/26 - Grand Prairie, TX @ Verizon Theatre at Grand Prarie
9/28 - Alpharetta, GA @ Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre at Encore
9/29 - Tampa, FL @ USF Sun Dome
Will you be going to see the Save Rock and Roll Tour?
Miley Cyrus is know for her daring fashion sense these days. The stylish 20 year old took to Twitter and posted this selfie with the caption, "Don't hate. Appreciate. #Chanel1Z". Not gonna lie...I kinda want one.
Hot or not? Would you rock this onesie?
If you're anything like me, you've been curled up in a ball on the floor crying ever since Ryan Gosling announced that he will be taking a break from acting. Well don't you fret Gosling lovers, the Gosline is here to save us! The british service Blinkbox has set up a hotline called The Gosline, promising to console all us heart broken fans. For a small fee you can call the number and hear Ryan recite his famous line from the Notebook, "it's going to be really hard; we're gonna have to work at this everyday, but I wanna do that because I want you. I want you. I want all of you, forever, everyday. You and me, every day."...Yes Ryan! We will get through this together!
Will you be calling The Gosline?
What's hotter than David Beckham playing soccer? How about David Beckham playing soccer in a full suit! While visiting Beijing China, the footballer decided to show off his skills while playing with the Qingdao youth team. This might sound terribly unlady like...but is he wearing space pants? Because his butt is out of this world! ;)
You are one lucky girl Posh...
Emma Watson isn't squeeky clean Hermione anymore! The Harry Potter star is showing a different side of her acting abilities in Sofia Coppola's upcoming movie 'The Bling Ring'. The movie is based on the real life events of a group of celebrity obsessed teenagers who broke into a ring of celebrities homes including Paris Hilton, Orlando Bloom, Audrina Patridge and Lindsay Lohan. The notorious burglaries between October 2008 and August 2009 netted the teenagers with about $3 million in stolen luxury goods and cash. Watson's character is based on reality T.V. star Alexis Neiers from the E! reality show Pretty Wild. Neiers plead no contest to first degree burglary. Check out the trailer below!
Do you want to see The Bling Ring?
Britney Spears has gone to the dark side!
The Princess of Pop debuted her new do at Elton John's star-studded AIDS Foundation Academy Awards Viewing Party on Oscar Sunday. Along with her new brunette locks, she stepped out in a black sequined gown with a dramatic plunging neckline, flashing quite a lot of skin!
What do you think of Britney's new look?